Planet AI shareholders sell 51% of their shares to Bechtle

With the majority stake, IT provider Bechtle aims to combine its extensive marketing capabilities with the AI research of Intelligent Document Processing (IDP) provider Planet AI to strengthen the AI ecosystem in Europe and take a leading role in future innovations.

Planet AI, an Intelligent Document Processing (IDP) provider with its Intelligent Document Analysis (IDA) software suite, announced October 2 that IT provider Bechtle has acquired a 51% stake in its company, with a call option to acquire the remaining 49%. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Planet AI’s leadership team remains on board. The only major change is that Jesper Kleinjohann, previously Planet AI’s Chief Operations Officer, will take over the position of Chief Executive Officer from Hagen Wustlich, who is moving to the company’s Advisory Board. Welf Wustlich will continue as Chief Technology Officer, and Johannes Emigholz, previously Planet AI’s Chief Marketing Officer, will transition to his new role as Chief Commercial Officer.

Jesper Kleinjohann, Planet AI’s new CEO, explained: “We knew that our developments are top notch but we were short a partner who could accelerate our growth with broad market access and is able to deploy our solutions at scale. Bechtle has both these things, and a determination to tap into the enormous capabilities of AI for business.”

Michael Guschlbauer, COO, IT System House & Managed Services of Bechtle, commented: “As a future-first IT partner, we always seek to drive and sustain our customers’ success through future-oriented technologies. With Planet AI’s innovative developments, we strengthen the core business processes of our customers through excellent AI applications.”

Headquartered in Rostock, Germany, Planet AI leverages its proprietary deep learning and artificial intelligence technology to enable customers to extract information from unstructured documents, seize digitisation opportunities, and eliminate manual effort for data capture. Its Intelligent Document Analysis (IDA) software suite provides comprehensive capabilities that drive short time-to-value automation and high-quality data capture, extraction and analysis.

You can find the full press release here.


🟡Get industry news distilled, every week:

Share This Post
Have your say!
00
Book Your Company Ad Space Now :point_down: info@intelligentdocumentprocessing.com
Book Your Company Ad Space Now :point_down: info@intelligentdocumentprocessing.com
powered by bulletin